- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Oyster Stew in a tureen for an elegant first course.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart oysters, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 cup potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Dash of paprika
- Brown butter lightly and blend in flour.
- Add oysters and cook 4 minutes or until edges curl.
- Add seasonings.
- Stir in half and half and potatoes.
- Heat until mixture foams but does not boil.
- Add lemon juice and sprinkle with paprika.