- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6
This dish can be served as an appetizer or a main dish.
- 1 pint oxysters
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup oil for frying
- Drain oysters, and chop into pieces.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine beaten eggs, milk and butter.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add oysters.
- Drop battter by teaspoonsful into hot shortening heated to 350 degrees F.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a heavy paper towel.