- Prep: 8 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 9 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6-8
This simple, make ahead Cheese Strata is great for Sunday brunch.
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Grease a souffle dish or deep casserole.
- Start with a layer of bread, then cheese. Keep layering. Make sure to end with a cheese layer.
- Put the other ingredients in the blender. Combine until smooth. Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.