- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This is a great way to spice up a standard broccoli side dish; use panko breadcrumbs for a slightly crunchier texture.
- 2 medium-sized heads of broccoli (about 2-1/2 pounds total), cut into florets
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
- a pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmegiano reggiano cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Put the pan in the oven and cook for 16 minutes.
- In the meantime, place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the remaining oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and sauté for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and cook over high heat until toasted and golden brown in color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add a few pinches of salt and pepper, the parsley and the cheese. Stir to combine then top onto the roasted broccoli and serve with a squeeze of lemon.