- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
Chicken drumsticks are an affordable way to serve lower-fat chicken to your family. You can almost always find them on sale, sometimes as low as 88 cents per pound. When you catch them at a good price, buy several packages and freeze them for future dinners. Your wallet, and your well-fed family with thank you for being such a saavy shopper.
Although this recipe calls for chicken drumsticks, don't hesitate to use chicken breasts or thighs, instead. This recipe makes easy work of seasoning the chicken by using a couple of teaspoons of spice right out of a package of a ranch dressing mix. Look in the salad dressing aisles for the pouches of powdered ranch dressing. If you can't find it, just substitute a teaspoon each of garlic salt and onion powder.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons powdered ranch dressing mix
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Stir together the corn flakes, flour, cornstarch, and ranch dressing mix.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg, then coat with corn flake mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray, then spray a light coat of nonstick cooking spray over the chicken.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes, turning the chicken once in the middle of the cooking time. Allow to cool slightly before serving.