- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6
You can substitute the squash with green tomatoes in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Combine cornmeal, slat and pepper in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine egg and water and mix well.
- Dip squash in egg mixture.
- Dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Lightly coat a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- Place squash slices in a single layer in pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn once during the cooking process.