- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
The perfect drink to serve guests at your Oscar Night get-together; this delightfully light and bubbly cocktail has hints of orange, anise and allspice.
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup Pernod
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 medium oranges, removed in large strips
- 2 medium dried bay leaves
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1 bottle brut sparkling wine, chilled
- Place the liqueur, Pernod, sugar, orange zest, bay leaves and allspice berries into a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently to completely dissolve the sugar, and then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature before straining.
- Pour 3/4 ounce of the mixture into 8 champagne glasses. Top with the sparkling wine and serve immediately.