- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8
Orzo Veggies are a great way to get picky eaters to try vegetables.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 bell peppers, red, green and yellow
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut vegetables, except tomatoes, into bite-sized pieces. Place first 5 ingredients (asparagus through zucchini) in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss well. Roast 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saucepan. Add orzo and saute until brown. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add orzo to roasted vegetables. Mix well. Sprinkle pine nuts and cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.