- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 2 hr 13 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
This recipe for orzo, asparagus, and shrimp salad is easy to make, easy to double, and easily the prettiest thing you'll make for dinner.
- 3/4 pound shrimp shelled and deveined, shells reserved (larger shrimp are easier to shell and devein)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 orzo pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamgaric vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sauté the shrimp and garlic, stirring frequently to prevent the garlic from browning.
- When shrimp are cooked through, remove from heat, and cool.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp shells and boil for 5 minutes; then strain out shells and discard.
- Add the orzo and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the asparagus pieces and continue cooking until the pasta is al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Toss pasta and asparagus with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, shrimp, and green onions until evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, and basil. Toss with pasta mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.