- Prep: 19 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 34 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Summer is the season to enjoy this orzo pasta and zucchini salad. Serve it with anything grilled, like chicken, seafood or burgers, and consider using whole wheat orzo for added nutrition.
- 1 cup orzo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh torn basil leaves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, drain and then place back into the pot. Drizzle the pasta with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the zucchini, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and sauté the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cooked pasta, fresh basil, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss gently to coat, season to taste with additional salt and pepper and then serve immediately.