- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 6-8 Servings
This orzo and wild rice dish can be enjoyed as a delicious and attractive side, or served topped with a saucy meat, poultry or seafood dish.
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup orzo, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cook the wild rice and the orzo according to package directions and then set both aside.
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and the bell peppers and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, cook for an additional minute, and then stir in the honey.
- Add the rice, parsley, orzo, soy sauce and lemon juice to the pan, stir to combine, and then mix in the cooked rice and orzo. Cook until the mixture is heated through and then serve hot.