- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Sloppy Joe sandwiches are a favorite dinner meal for kids and a favorite comfort food for adults.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4 Hamburger buns
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the beef, onion and carrot into a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until the meat has browned.
- Drain and discard any fat, and then add the chili powder and cook for 1 minute before stirring in the tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and sugar, and bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the buns in the oven for 2 minutes or until toasted to your liking.
- Spoon the beef mixture onto each bun half, top with some parmesan cheese and close with the other half.