- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Everyone seems to make their own version of a Mai Tai cocktail adding a variety of different ingredients that vastly differ from the 1930s original Mai Tai recipe shown below.
- 2 ounces aged rum
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, juiced lime half reserved
- 1/2 ounce orange curaçao
- 1/4 ounce rock candy syrup
- 1/4 ounce orgeat
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 mint sprig to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for 20 seconds to combine and then pour into a double Old Fashioned cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the reserved lime half and the sprig of mint. Serve immediately.