- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 2 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
Oriental Style Barbecue Marinade for Beef is a great way to celebrate Chinese New Year. Don't forget the fortune cookies.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds of beef, round, chuck or flank steak
- Combine marinade ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- With a sharp knife, lightly score meat to be grilled every half inch or so. Place meat in baking dish and pour marinade over, turning meat to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning frequently.
- Prepare barbeque grill. Drain meat and discard marinade. Cook meat over hot coals until done to taste.