- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
Oriental Pepper Steak is flavored with soy sauce and ginger.
- 3 pound round steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 large green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Brown oil in skillet. Add next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 4 teaspoons cold water, stirring to make smooth paste. Add paste to steak mixture. Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.