- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This elegant vegetarian dinner dish combines orecchiette pasta with a delicious combination of roasted broccoli, walnuts and garlic. Top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a bottle of American Sauvignon Blanc.
- 12 ounces orecchiette pasta (3 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli (1-1/2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees,
- Place the broccoli, walnuts, oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss well to combine. Transfer the mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes to roast.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid) and then return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the roasted broccoli mixture to the cooked pasta, along with the reserved cooking liquid and the butter. Toss gently to combine and then serve immediately with the Parmesan cheese.