- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
Impress your friends with these light and tasty cookies at your next tea time. Can be topped with a cream cheese or orange-flavored topping of your choice.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 orange with peel, finely chopped
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Stir in milk, vanilla and ground orange.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into orange mixture.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.