- Prep: 2 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 16
Orange Slice Cookies are made with candy orange slices and coconut.
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soda
- 3 eggs
- 20 candy orange slices, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 can flaked coconut
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Cream brown sugar, sugar and shortening together in a bowl.
- Dissolve soda in 3 tablespoons water. Add soda, eggs, candy, pecans and coconut to creamed ingredients, mixing well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Add to batter, mixing well. Stir in oatmeal. Shape into a roll. Chill wrapped, for several hours. Slice to desired thickness.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.