- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
This sweet cookie will soon become a favorite, especially served at tea time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg, orange juice and rind; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination into orange mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.