- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread is ideal for serving as a tea bread. For a sweeter taste, add 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Mix together butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add egg yolk and orange peel; mix thoroughly.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture while stirring in 1/4 cup orange juice.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff.
- Fold in egg white and chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon orange juice over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over warm bread.