- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
These fruity bars are ideal for taking to potlucks or large family gatherings. Apricot or cherry preserves would work well with this recipe, also.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and egg; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish; spread evenly.
- Cover crust with orange marmalade.
- Pour remaining mixture over top of marmalade.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.