- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Total: 48 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Carrots are already sweet on their own, but when glazed with citrus juice they adopt a whole new sweet and tangy flavor. A great side dish to compliment your main meal.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium carrots, peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2-1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large sauce pan add the carrots, water, juice, sugar, lime juice, butter, orange peel, lime peel and salt.
- Bring the mixture of ingredients to a boil, and continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the pan and set aside.
- Continue to boil the liquid in the sauté pan for another 10 minutes. Add the carrots back to the pan and boil until liquid thickens to a light syrup consistency, approximately 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the carrots with salt, pepper and parsley. Serve warm.