- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 3/4 cup
Orange filling, wonderful with cakes.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- dashs alt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel.
- Combine the sugar, flour and salt, mixing well. Add in the orange juice. Cook over low until it thickens and becomes clear, stirring constantly.
- Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into the egg before combing with the rest of the heated mixture. Continue cooking over low for 3-4 more minutes.
- Beat in the butter, lemon juice and orange peel. Allow to cool before using.