- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These flavorful cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Stir in milk, orange juice and orange rind.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.