- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread makes an excellent afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and orange juice.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Stir in orange peel, cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.