- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 24 People
This easy-to-make dessert is ideal for taking to potlucks or large family gatherings.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup cooked carrots, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Stir in 1/3 cup orange juice and 2 teaspoons orange rind; mix well.
- Fold in coconut and carrots.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Combine remaining cup of orange juice, orange rind and powdered sugar; mix well.
- Heat orange sauce slightly, then pour over cooled bars.