- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Fresh orange juice and zest combined with shredded basil make an aromatic and flavorful sauce for this recipe for grilled mahi-mahi. Serve with a side of steamed green beans.
- 3/4 pound filleted Mahi-Mahi, skin on
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for dressing
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the oven broiler and grease an oven dish with olive oil.
- In the meantime, place the oil, orange juice and orange zest, garlic, mustard, honey, basil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Brush the fish on both sides with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer the fish to the prepared dish, skin side up, and place under the broiler until the skin begins to blister.
- Flip the fish and then brush with some of the prepared dressing. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then serve immediately drizzled with the remaining sauce.