- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Sweet orange bread with almonds.
- 2 tablespoons solid shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream the shortening, sugar and egg together.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and blend into the shortening mix.
- Stir in the orange juice and orange rind, until well blended. Fold int he nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.