- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Open faced onion, pepper and ground beef burger.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into stripes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut in rounds
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 6 slives provolone cheese
- Combine the beef, onion and peppers in a large skillet. Heat until the beef is cooked through, drain. Add in 1/2 of the salad dressing.
- Use the other half of the salad dressing to spread on the cut sides of the bread, broil for 4-5 minutes to toast lightly.
- Spread the beef mixture over the cut bread and top with the cheese slices. Broil until the cheese has melted. Cut each half into thirds and serve.