- Prep: 8 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: 2
Forget the all-too-familiar mayo-laden egg salad that sogs bread, and your diet, with unnecessary calories. A light mixture of fresh herbs, sour cream and mustard provides rich flavor without the typical glut of fat.
- Egg Salad
- 3 hardcooked eggs, peeled, chopped
- 1 scallion, white and green chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon, dill, or other herb
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of a lemon
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne (if using alfalfa sprouts)
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 multigrain kaiser roll, halved crosswise
- Radish sprouts or alfalfa sprouts
- Combine all the ingredients for the egg salad in a medium bowl:
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the two halves of the roll.
- Top with sprouts and serve immediately or package in a sandwich container with a lid that securely holds sandwich in place without smashing egg salad off roll.