- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 People
This open face chicken sandwich recipe can be as quick or as elaborate as you want it to be; feel free to use instant mashed potatoes, gravy from a jar, or make it all yourself. If you are going the quick route, this recipe will be done in the amount of times it takes to heat the frozen chicken patties and melt some cheese.
- 4 frozen chicken patties
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes (cooked)
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- Creamed or whole kernel corn (optional)
- 2 cups turkey or brown gravy
- Preheat oven according to chicken package directions and cook the patties.
- Make the instant mashed potatoes and make sure they are warm.
- When the frozen chicken patties are done, construct the sandwich by taking a slice of bread, layering on half a cup of mashed potatoes, then a slice of cheese, add the corn, if desired.
- Put the sandwich in the oven until the cheese has melted. Once the cheese is melted, remove from the oven and pour warm gravy over the sandwich.