- Prep: 12 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 13 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Great for veggie lovers, Onion, Zucchini and Basil Pizza.
- 1 pound loaf frozen plain bread dough, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 4 cups onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Divide dough in half; stretch to fit two lightly greased 12 inch pizza pans, pressing against bottoms and sides of pans and keeping dough slightly thicker on edges. Allow crusts to rest 10 minutes.
- Saute onions in oil in large skillet until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, salt and basil; saute 5 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pizza dough, dividing evenly. Spread half of onion-zucchini mixture over each pizza. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.