- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 12
One Hour Rolls are made with buttermilk.
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Combine buttermilk, sugar, shortening and salt in bowl. Stir in yeast, mixing well.
- Sift in flour and soda, mixing well. Let stand for 10 minutes. Shape into rolls. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes until brown.