- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
One-dish chicken and veggies is a great to serve with rice or couscous for a complete meal.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (11-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- Salt and pepper to season, extra black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to a medium-sized saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken (turning once) for about 15 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Remove it from the skillet and keep it warm.
- Add the zucchini, pepper, onion and garlic to the saute pan, along with black pepper to taste. Cover the pan and allow the vegetables to cook. Stir the mixture a few times while it's cooking. Add the soup to the pan and bring it to a boil. After it reaches a boil, lower the heat and simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over rice or couscous and spoon the vegetable mixture over the top.