- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 omelet
This Asian-inspired omelet is seasoned with a Thai red chile, dill and fish sauce. Enjoy its bold combination of flavors for brunch or as a light lunch dish.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Thai red chile, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- Place the eggs into a bowl and beat until frothy. Stir in the dill, scallion, Thai chile, fish sauce, pepper and a few pinches of salt; mix to blend.
- Put a skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once it begins to shimmer, add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan. Once hot, pour in the egg mixture and cook for about 1-1/2 minutes until eggs are just set, then transfer to a plate and serve immediately.