- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8
Ole Mexican Corn Bread is tender and delicious.
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup melted vegetable shortening
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1, 4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1, 8 ounce can creamed corn
- Combine and blend cornmeal, salt and soda. Stir in shortening. Add sour cream, corn and eggs and mix well. Add green chilies and cheese and stir.
- Pour in a greased 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.