- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A variation of the classic whiskey cocktail, enjoy whisky or bourbon blended with orange in this satisfying drink.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 slice orange
- 2 ounces rye whiskey (or bourbon)
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Place the sugar, water, bitters and orange slice in an Old Fashioned cocktail glass, and muddle with the back of a spoon until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add enough ice to fill the glass and then pour in the whiskey.
- Garnish the cocktail with the maraschino cherry and serve.