- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
These cookies are so simple, so quick and so good. Make a batch for Christmas and have the kids decorate their own cookie with colored icing.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium size bowl, cream the sugar and the shortening with a handheld mixer.
- Add each egg, one by one, beating after each addition.
- Add the milk to the bowl and continue to beat the mixture.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
- Place dough in refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough and roll out on flat surface. Cut dough into rounds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.