- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 30 min
- Total: 2 hr 55 min
- Serving: 8
Store Old Fashioned Dried Apple Cake in an airtight container with sliced fresh apples for 1 week before serving.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups blackberry jam
- 2-1/2 cups cooked dried apples
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons soda
- 2 teaspoons each nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon
- 1 pound raisins
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add jam and apples, beating well.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Combine 1 cup flour mixture with raisins, nuts and dates, tossing to coat. Add remaining flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fold floured fruits into batter. Pour into a large greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 2-1/2 hours. Place a pan of hot water in oven during last 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container with sliced fresh apples for 1 week before serving.