- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10
Old Fashioned Dressing is savory and buttery; perfect next to a glorious Thanksgiving turkey.
- 12 cups fresh white bread cubes
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to mix well.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and saute celery and onion until golden, about 10 minutes. Add to bread mixture; toss lightly until well mixed.
- Use to fill prepared turkey. Makes 12 cups, enough to stuff a 16 pound turkey.