- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 9 People
This sweet and moist coffee cake will be quite popular at your next breakfast gathering.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cream 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until crumbly.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into a prepared 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine remaining sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix in remaining butter until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.