- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8-10 servings
A classic, flavorful applesauce spice cake with a perfectly spiced top.
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- Beat the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oil on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the pecans and pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Mix together the frosting and cinnamon and frost the cooled cake.