- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
If you are looking for a fresh and fun tiki-styled cocktail with a bit of ‘savoir vivre,’ try this aged rum, bitters, fresh lime juice and mint blend topped with sparkling, chilled champagne.
- 1-1/2 ounce aged rum
- 3/4 fresh lime juice
- 3/4 simple syrup
- 10 mint leaves plus 1 to garnish
- dash old fashioned bitters
- 1 ounce champagne, chilled
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the champagne and garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then double strain into a cocktail glass.
- Top the drink with the chilled champagne, garnish with the mint leaf and then serve immediately.