- Prep: 3 hr
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: 9 Servings
Old Bay seasoning is what makes this crab cake recipe stand out from the rest. Also, fresh crab meat is preferable but can be expensive. If you don't have a tight budget, use Dungeness although canned crab meat will suffice. Serve with tartar sauce on the side.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp finely chopped green onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine everything except the crab meat and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Add in the crab meat last and mix well.
- Shape into 9 crab cakes and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a pan coated lightly with oil over medium heat, cook each crab cake for about 10 minutes total. Brown for 5 minutes per side until golden in color. Serve warm!