- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
The perfect vegetable side dish for the upcoming holiday season, Okra-Zucchini Bake will have your guests asking for more.
- 6 strips of bacon
- 6 small okra
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups of zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon in a skillet. When crisp and cooked, remove and chop into small pieces. Drain the bacon fat, but keep just a bit in the pan.
- Slice the okra thin and chop the green pepper. In the skillet used to cook the bacon, saute the chopped onion until golden, then add the zucchini, green pepper, okra, tomato paste, bacon, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook the mixture until the zucchini is tender.
- Place the mixture in an ovenproof baking dish and cover with the parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and browned.