- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: Makes 1, 9x5x2-inch loaf
The cool and crisp days of fall are perfect for baking satisfying comfort foods. Try this pumpkin bread recipe smothered with a pat of butter and served with a steaming cup of coffee.
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground, fresh nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups pumpkin puree (15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and butter or spray a 9x5x2-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, spice, nutmeg, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir well; fold in the cranberries.
- Empty batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean. Remove bread, let sit for 5 minutes and then slice and serve.