- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
Consider adding these easy-to-make cookies to your list of holiday baking.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Cream sugar, shortening, egg and molasses; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda; mix well.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and oats.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.