- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These fun cookies are easy-to-make and are perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extracts; set aside.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in M&M candies.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.