- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These sweet cookies make ideal gifts for friends and family during the holiday season.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat shortening, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in oats, dates and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.