- Prep: 3 hr
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 3 hr 20 min
- Serving: 10
Nutty Cottage Cheese Rolls are filled with nuts and sweetened with brown sugar.
- 3 packages yeast
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 12 ounces cottage cheese, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup ground nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Sift flour, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in bowl. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add yeast, cottage cheese and eggs, mixing well.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Spread over dough. Roll as for a jelly roll and slice. Place in greased baking pan. Let rise for 2-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.